Freelance Game Designer
Welcome to 24-Players Game Designer Career Page, where dreams come to be made and game worlds come to be crafted!
We’re excited that you’re considering joining our team as a Freelance Game Designer. But first, let’s talk a little bit about what being a Freelance Game Designer actually means.
At 24-Players, a Freelance Game Designer is responsible for bringing our games to life:
- Game Concept (Pitch)
- Game Design Document (GDD)
- Management of your Design (Developer Selection)
- Iteration and Updates
This means working with Artists, Programmers, and Audio Engineers to create gameplay experiences that keep players coming back for more. But it’s not all fun and games (well, okay, it is mostly fun and games).
There’s a lot of hard work and creativity involved, and we’re looking for someone who’s up for the challenge.
Here are some of the key responsibilities and requirements for the Game Designer position:
- You Can Conceptualize: game mechanics, systems, and features that are engaging, intuitive, and fun. Bonus points if they involve Aliens, User Generated Content, and Robots.
- Create and maintain all GDD’s: (Game Design Document), including design briefs, design documents, and feature specifications.
- Work Remotely: As a Freelancer you are able to work with artists, programmers, and developers. Collaborate with sound designers to create immersive audio experiences that bring the game world to life.
- Marketing Collaborator: create trailers and promotional materials that showcase the game’s features and gameplay mechanics. You’re a pro at making everything look amazing.
- You’re the master of that balance: balancing GDD, Marketing, Collaborations, and Developer teams, to create a rewarding and challenging experience for players.
- Stay up-to-date: on industry trends and best practices in game design. Read every gaming blog and social post out there. Play every game that comes out. Tell us all about it.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following:
- Communication skills: this is a “Remote Work” position and you need to be able to use Chat features on Freelance platforms.
- Passion for video games: (and game design). You eat, sleep, and breathe video game ideas. Your dream job is finally here!
- Understand Design Engines: such as Unity, Unreal Engine 5, and/or similar game engines. You can create worlds with your eyes closed.
- Problem-solving skills: you’re a master of figuring out how to make things work.
If all of this sounds like your idea of a good time, then we’d love to hear from you!
Apply now (Link Below) to become a part of our team and help us create the next big thing in video games.
The benefits that come with joining our team as a Freelance Game Designer:
Freelance Game Designer Benefits
- Completely remote work! Work from wherever you want, whether that’s from home, a coffee shop, or a beach.
- Flexible work hours! Need to take care of something in the middle of the day? No problem. As long as you get your work done, we’re happy.
- Unlimited vacation time! We trust our team to manage their own time and take the breaks they need to recharge and come back stronger.
- Work on innovative video games! Push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re not afraid to take risks and try new things.
- Supportive team! We’re all in this together, and we believe in lifting each other up and celebrating our successes.
- Diversity, inclusivity, and equality! We believe that everyone deserves a seat at the table and a chance to shine.
- Creative Control! these games are your games, you have artistic freedom. (Will explain this in more detail later).
3 Tiers of Employment:
You start as a freelancer on Fiverr. Each game you produce will be “Per Project” and you will be compensated once a game is completed.
- Per Project
- Freelancing on Fiverr
The longer you are with the company (24-Players) and continue to contribute (minimum 5 years), eventually you will be promoted to Full Time Staff!
When that happens you are entitled to Revenue Share (%5) for the game you made.
- Still using Fiverr
- Offer: Contract for %5 per month profit for the Game you developed (Code, Art, or Audio)
- Must: Update your game once per month (11 small updates +plus 1 Huge update)
When you decide to start your own Game Company (a Branch of 24P), We will sign a “Partnership Agreement” and gain profits from both companies as a whole.
- Video Game Company: You become your very own Video Game Studio (a branch of “24P”). Entitled to Partner Sharing of both companies (parent and branch). This gives your new company a leg up.
- Support: Receive help from 24-Players Video Game Company. This comes from financial, freelancers, marketing, contacts and any other thing we can think of.
- Collaboration: With cross-game marketing & integration
So, what do you think? Sound like the perfect job for you? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Apply now to be a Freelancer on Fiverr and let’s make some amazing video games together.
We are Always ready to chat about Freelancing Opportunities. Just hit us up on our Contact Us Page.